Who doesn’t love a warm and fluffy donut? But instead of going to your local bakery, why not try making your own at home? In this post, I’ll show you how to make easy and delicious oven-baked donuts that are sure to impress your friends and family. Plus, since they’re baked and not fried, they’re healthier too!
With just a few simple ingredients and no frying required, these donuts are a healthier alternative to traditional fried donuts. I’ll take you step-by-step through the recipe, showing you how to make the perfect dough, shape the donuts, and bake them to perfection. Whether you’re a beginner baker or a seasoned pro, this recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Oven-baked donuts ingredients
- 250 grams of flour (approximately 2 cups)
- 25 grams of room temperature butter (approximately 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp)
- 35 grams of sugar (approximately 1/6 cup or 2,5-3)
- 1,5 deciliters (dl) of milk (approximately 5/8 cup)
- 1 packet of dried yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- Jam of your choice as a topping
How to make oven-baked donuts
- Pour the yeast into slightly warm (not hot) milk and add 2-3 tbsp. sugar to it. Let it foam a little bit.
- Meanwhile in a bowl measure out the flour and add a pinch of salt to the flour.
- Add the room-temperature butter and the egg yolk to the flour. Rub the butter and the egg yolk into the dry mixture with your fingertips until it comes together into small crumbles. Alternatively, you can use two forks or a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the mixture.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and start kneading. Knead until you get a nice smooth dough.
- Let it rest for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Then roll it out on a floured surface (about 2 cm thick). And cut the desired forms. Let them rest again for 20-30 minutes in a warm place. Meanwhile, heat your oven to 160-165 Celsius degrees (320-329 Fahrenheit)
- Put the donuts in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Top them with your favorite jam or glaze them with chocolate or icing.
How to store your donuts?
You can store the donuts at room temperature for up to 2-3 days (Attention! They may dry out.) Or alternatively, you can keep them in the fridge for up to 5-6 days or pop them in the freezer and reheat some when you are in the mood for donuts.