This peach upside-down cake is one of the best cakes I have ever made. It was super easy to make, you won’t need special ingredients or tools for this peach upside-down dessert. You can personalize this cake according to season. In summer I use peaches because they are in season, but in autumn and winter, I will try them with pears, apples, or plums.
During summer it is perfect with vanilla ice cream, during winter you can top it with whipped cream or creme fraiche if you like.
If you need an easy, quick dessert recipe look no further.
- 1 cup of sugar = 200 grams
- 2-3 peaches
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar = 100 grams
- 1/2 cup olive oil = 115 ml
- 1/2 cup melted butter = 110 grams
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt = 150 grams
- 1/4 cup milk = 60 ml
- 2 cups flour = 240 grams
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
How to make a peach upside-down cake
- Butter a 23 cm (9-inch) cake or pie pan. Line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment paper and butter that as well.
- Wash and pit the peaches and cut them into thin slices (about 1-1,2 cm or ½-inch thick). Arrange the slices in a pattern on the bottom of the pie pan.
- Drizzle the peaches with some honey. I used 2-3 tbsp. Or with homemade caramel sauce.
- Mix melted butter, olive oil, brown sugar, and white sugar in another medium bowl.
- Mix together yogurt and milk, and add this mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs.
- Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Spread the batter evenly over the peaches and honey or caramel.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350 Fahrenheit) and bake the cake for 50 to an hour. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack. Run a knife around the sides, place a platter on top and invert the cake onto the platter. Remove the parchment paper.
- Serve the cake warm or cooled to room temperature, with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream on the side.
Let me know if you try this recipe…Use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations. Follow me or tag me on Instagram @cute_cuisineee
If you slice the cake into 12 slices, 1 slice provides 361 calories, 4 grams of protein, 45 grams of carbohydrates, and 19 grams of fat.