While I was watching Downton Abbey, I got a sudden craving for cookies. The weather was a bit gloomy, I had my coffee in my hand, I was cozy and it felt like this scenario also needs a chocolate chip cookie.
Fortunately, I had all the necessary ingredients at home for these wonderful & easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Going to the store would have ruined my otherwise perfect moment. Lucky me.
I found the recipe on TikTok on Zaynab Issa’s page. She found it somewhere else, so the original recipe creator’s identity is currently unknown.
If you have all these staple ingredients at home I highly recommend making these chocolate chip cookies. This oatmeal chocolate chip recipe is very easy, ideal for beginners. I was snacking them for days, even packed them into my lunch box for two days straight.
Perfect for coffee, after lunch snack. They are sweet, chewie…perfect.
Happy baking/cooking! Jó étvágyat!
For other cookie recipes click here.
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature, cut into cubes or 1 tablespoon slabs) (110 g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (85 g)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (50 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (95 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old fashion oats (not instant oats) (230 g)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks (90 g)
- a handful of raisins (optional)
How to make Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet, and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, and sugars (brown and white) until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until it becomes fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Cut the chocolate into small cubes (or you can use chocolate chips), and add it to the dough along with the raisins (optional).
- Add the oats as well.
- Mix it until well combined.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls, and place them well separated, and evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets.
- If you wish add some more chocolate chunks on top of the cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius (335°F).
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18-20 minutes. Take them out when they are just barely starting to turn brown.
- Sprinkle the top with flaky salt while still hot. (This is optional too.)
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to the cooling rack.
Let me know if you try this recipe…Use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations. Follow me on insta @cute_cuisineee or tag me, or on TikTok, youtube. You can find my social links on my website.
This amount makes about 10 chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie FAQ
- Use softened room temperature butter. Take the butter out of the fridge first thing in the morning so it’s ready to go when you need it.
- The egg should also be at room temperature.
- Don’t skip brown sugar. Both white and brown sugar is necessary for the right texture.
- You can freeze the cookie dough. Roll it into balls, put them in the freezer. When you want to bake them, simply remove the dough balls from the freezer, set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and let them thaw. Then bake as usual.
- You can add other things to the cookie dough if you prefer: walnuts, other types of nuts.
If you make 10 cookies, 1 cookie provides about 307 calories, 42 grams of carbohydrates, 6 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat.