These added sugar-free, added oil-free healthy pancakes turned out to be super fluffy, delicious, and they had a distinct cinnamon-spice mix flavor. I made these healthy pancakes for breakfast several times and they were absolute perfection every time. If you need a pancake recipe that is easy to make, and a bit healthier than the other pancake recipes look no further. I guarantee you will love this healthy pancake recipe.
You can easily make this recipe gluten-free or dairy-free if you switch the flour to a gluten-free blend or if you use a plant-based yogurt.
You can top your pancakes with fresh or frozen fruits, nuts, nut butter, agave syrup, maple syrup, honey, or if you want to keep it sugar-free then choose a sugar-free syrup option.
Happy baking/cooking! Jó étvágyat!
Let me know if you try this recipe…you can use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations.
For other breakfast recipes click here.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Apple purée: Helps to keep your pancakes fluffy and moist. Especially useful if you use a gluten-free flour blend because you need extra moisture for gluten-free flour. Plus it is a source of pectin a great soluble fiber.
Flour: You can use all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blends if you or your loved one has coeliac disease or gluten intolerance.
Ingredients (8 pancakes – 2 portions)
- 2 eggs
- 100 g yogurt (7 tablespoons)
- 100 g added sugar-free apple purée (6-7 tablespoons)
- 100 g all-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
- 50 g rolled oats or oat flour (5 tbsp.)
- 1/2 sachet baking powder (5 g about 1 tbsp.)
- pinch of salt
- ground cinnamon (1/4 tsp.)
- gingerbread spice (1/4 tsp.)
- dash of vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- In a bowl add 2 eggs, yogurt, and apple sauce. Mix them well.
- Then add flour, rolled oat, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, gingerbread spice, and vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder.
- Mix everything well.
- You can blend the mixture to get a smooth batter if you wish.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, spray with non-stick cooking spray or place coconut oil or butter in skillet. Pour pancake batter (about two tablespoons) into the skillet in round circles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup or agave syrup or honey or sugar-free alternative, and add toppings of choice.
One portion (4 pancakes) provides about 413 calories, 9 grams of fat, 63 grams of carbohydrates, 18 grams of proteins.