Another seasonal easy dessert. These apple donuts/apple fritter rings are super simple to make, but they were so delicious. With only a few ingredients you can make these wonderful apple donuts/apple fritter rings.
The apple donuts/apple fritter rings are fried and then dipped into cinnamon sugar –absolute perfection.
I guarantee you will fall in love with this easy dessert recipe. They contain the essential fall flavors, they are the perfect cozy treat.
Happy baking/cooking! Jó étvágyat!
Let me know if you try this recipe…you can use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations.
For other fall recipes click here.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Apples: I recommend choosing tart apples. I used granny smith apples. They are great for this recipe because the flavor is tart and acidic, and the apples remain firm when baked, making them a very popular cooking apple used in pies, where it can be sweetened.
Flour: I used all-purpose flour. You can use half oat flour and half all-purpose flour.
Sugar: You can switch sugar to xylitol. I made a few with xylitol and it worked fine.
Thanks to Tasty for the original recipe.
Ingredients /For 10 ‘donuts’/
- 4 apples (tart)
- 125 g Flour (1 cup)
- 25 g sugar (2 tbsp.)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Pinch of vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of salt
- 25 ml of buttermilk / fermented milk (2 tbsp.)
- 40 ml of milk (+2 tablespoon if the batter is too thick) (1/6 cup)
- 250 ml sunflower oil (or other neutral vegetable oil) (1 cup)
- 50 g sugar for coating (4 tbsp.)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon for coating
How to make the apple fritter rings, instructions
- For the batter, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix in the milk and buttermilk. Add the egg.
- Next, core the apples and slice them vertically into doughnut-size rings. Each apple should give you about 3 rings.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan to 180˚C (350°F).
- Evenly coat each apple slice in the batter mix.
- Carefully lay the donuts/doughnuts into the oil and fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel before coating in sugar. But coat them until they are hot. Otherwise, the sugar-cinnamon coating won’t stick.