Easy pancake recipe with a little twist. These pumpkin pancakes are perfectly soft, and fluffy. Simple, easy, quick, fluffy and delicious pumpkin pancakes. If you love pumpkin and pancakes you will fall in love with this recipe.
Why pumpkin purée is an amazing ingredient?
Pumpkin purée is an amazing, versatile ingredient. You can use it for desserts as well as for savory main dishes.
Pumpkin purée recipe ideas: stir it into oatmeal, creme brûlée, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin lasagne….etc
It is great for gluten-free recipes because it helps to keep the cakes moist.
Happy baking/cooking! Jó étvágyat!
Let me know if you try this recipe…you can use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations.
Ingredients (6-8 pancakes)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 40 g all purpose flour (5-6 tablespoons)
- 2 eggs
- 100 g pumpkin puree (1/3 cup) (I mashed some leftover roasted pumpkins. Or use sugar-free canned puree.)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or gingerbread spice
- vanilla bean powder or a dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
How to make Pumpkin Pancakes /Instructions/
- Combine bananas and pumpkin purée in a blender for smoother consistency OR Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin purée, and mix it well. Add the eggs to the banana-pumpkin mixture, mix it.
- Gently whisk in the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Do not over-mix. If you wish to achieve a smoother consistency blend the mixture again. Allow the batter to stand for 5-8 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Fold a sheet of paper towel in half, and moisten with oil; carefully rub the skillet with an oiled paper towel. For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round (you should be able to fit 2 to 3 in a large skillet). If you have a smaller skillet no problem. The process will be a bit slower but take your time.
- Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or platter. To keep warm you can cover it with aluminum foil. Serve warm, with desired toppings. The options are many. Peanut butter, maple syrup, honey, fruits, nuts, etc.