Easy garlic bread recipe with roasted garlic spread. Garlic bread is one of my favorite snacks, side dish, and comfort food.
This garlic bread can be made before serving (recommended), or prepped ahead of time, and frozen.
It is very easy to make, and it might be a better choice than the store-bought version. Many commercially prepared foods are high in fat, salt, and sugar. When you prepare your own food, you know exactly which ingredients and how much of each is going into your food.
You can boost up your garlic bread with cheese if you wish. Add some parmesan, cheddar, or mozzarella for some extra flavor.
If you don’t have a baguette at home? You can make it with regular bread, or even leftover hot dog or hamburger buns (if you have an extreme craving).
What goes well with garlic bread?
“Spaghetti and garlic bread form a traditional pairing. Just as you can opt to serve a fresh green salad with spaghetti, garlic bread makes an ideal accompaniment for a range of other dishes. Certain foods are particularly well-suited to their crispy texture and piquant flavor, including beans, tomatoes, roasted vegetables, tender leafy greens, steak, chicken, and seafood. Use garlic bread to make a light meal more satisfying, or serve it alongside meat or poultry instead of the usual main course starches.” 1
Check out my other roasted garlic spread recipe here.
Happy baking/cooking! Jó étvágyat!
Let me know if you try this recipe…you can use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations.
- 2 heads of garlic / bulbe d’ail / fej fokhagyma
- 1-2 tbsp. Butter / beurre / vaj
- 2 garlic cloves / gousses d’ail / fokhagyma gerezd
- Parsley / persil / petrezselyem
- Salt / sel / só
- Pepper / poivre / bors
How to make Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Cut the ends of the garlic heads, drizzle each with one tablespoon olive oil, wrap the aluminum foils around the garlic heads, and roast in the oven for 40 minutes to one hour until the cloves are soft.
- Let them cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Once cool, place 1-2 tbsp. softened butter into a bowl, and squeeze the cloves out into the same bowl.
- Combine minced garlic, and spices with the butter-roasted garlic mix. Mash them using a fork.
- Halve the bread lengthwise.
- Spread each side of the bread with garlic spread. Sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake at 200 °C (400 °F) for 8-10 minutes or until golden and toasted.