And the pumpkin craze goes on. A few days ago I made a big batch of roasted pumpkins. So I had some leftover pumpkin puree in the fridge and decided to make some delicious pumpkin bread. This was the first time I made pumpkin bread I am pretty happy with the results. I am so happy to see that many people (including me) try new, unique recipes involving pumpkin and other seasonal fall ingredients. There are many great fall recipes going around on TikTok and Instagram and in the blog-sphere.
Weight Watchers pumpkin bread recipe was my inspiration but I changed a few things along the way.
This pumpkin bread is delicious, remains moist for days. Low on highly processed ingredients, contains high fiber ingredients, and is gluten-free.
What makes this pumpkin bread different?
It contains sugar-free pumpkin purée and apple sauce. I used oatflour and almond flour so to make it suitable for those who are intolerant to gluten. It only contains 8 main ingredients and it is super easy to make.
It makes a great dessert or a sweet breakfast. Toast it a little bit, maybe spread it with some almond butter, and cinnamon, and you are good to go.
For more dessert recipes click here.
Happy baking/cooking! Jó étvágyat!
Let me know if you try this recipe…you can use #cutecuisine on Instagram. I would love to see your creations.
Ingredients /Makes 1 loaf…about 8 slices/
- 250 g pumpkin purée (2 cups + 3 tbsp.) (homemade or store-bought without sugar)
- 80 g applesauce (5-6 tbsp.) (sugar-free)
- 120 ml agave syrup (6 ounces) (or honey or maple syrup or sugar-free syrup alternative)
- 60 g plain or greek yogurt (4 tbsp.)
- 2 eggs
- 105 g almond flour (1 cup) (or 140 g all-purpose flour = 1 and 1/8 cup)
- 80 g oat flour (2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice or gingerbread spice mix
- pecans or walnuts, hazelnuts, and dark chocolate for topping
How to make Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Add the pumpkin, applesauce, syrup, yogurt, eggs and to a mixing bowl. Stir together.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add the oat- and almond flour, baking soda, salt and, pumpkin spice or gingerbread spice, and vanilla bean powder. Whisk together.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Stir together until combined.
- Spray a loaf pan (23x13x7 cm or 9x5x3 inches) with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Pour the pumpkin bread batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and dark chocolate.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Be careful! If the top browns quickly cover it with aluminum foil.
Nutritional value if you make 8 slices. One slice provides about 217 calories, 7 grams of protein, 32 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of fat