THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS.
In this post, I am going to share an easy but super delicious spiced blueberry pie. I am celebrating the beginning of fall and the gorgeous fall weather with this blueberry pie. Baking pies and watching Gilmore Girls gets me in the fall mood instantly.
For this blueberry pie I used store-bought shortcrust pastry (as the base), and store-bought puff pastry for the top. It was way more convenient and easy. But feel free to make your pie crust. In the next pie post, I will share my favorite super simple pie crust with you. I am going to share a lot of pie recipes during fall because pies are my fall comfort food. 🙂
For other dessert recipes click here.
Happy baking and happy fall! Bon appétit!
Let me know if you try this recipe…you can use #cutecuisine on Instagram. Let us connect. 🙂
Spiced Blueberry Pie Ingredients
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry (pate brisée)
- 1 package of puff pastry (pate feuilletée)
- 500 g blueberries (2 and 2/3 cups) (washed, fresh but you can use frozen if you want to)
- 6 tbsp. brown sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
- dash of vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water for egg wash
- In a large bowl toss together the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and, corn starch, folding with a flexible spatula until well combined.
- Lay your rolling pin on one edge of the shortcrust pastry and begin gently rolling the pie crust over the rolling pin with the help of a dough scraper if needed.
- When it’s all rolled up, move it to the 22 cm (9-inch) pie pan and gently unroll it into the pie plate, and shape or ease it into the plate.
- Scrape the berry mixture into a prepared pie shell and top with puff pastry, using a solid sheet, cutouts, or a simple lattice-top design.
- Meanwhile, adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat to 190°C (about 374°F)
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and 1 tbsp. water for your egg wash. Brush over top crust in a thin, even layer. If you wish you can sprinkle some brown sugar evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes while covered it with aluminum foil. Then lower the heat to 170°C (340°F), remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until nice and golden brown and bubbly.
- Cool pie on a cooling rack until the pie plate is no longer warm to the touch (approx 3 hours) and then serve or refrigerate if serving later.