These carrot cake cupcakes are super easy and quick to make and they taste wonderful. These carrot cake cupcakes are soft, moist, and can be versatile. They are made from scratch so you know exactly what’s in them.
I wanted to bake something in connection with spring and Easter because finally, Spring has sprung and the baking itch has still had me. Maybe it’s the fact that we’re all spending more time at home or maybe it’s the fact that baking brings me comfort. I love creating in the kitchen this is my way of letting my creativity flow.
This was only a small batch of cupcakes because we are a two-person household and I don’t want to waste any food.
You can get creative with this recipe. You can switch the walnuts to pecan nuts or your nut of choice.
Plus you can also add raisins if you like them.
You can double the recipe however you want depending on your household size.
Ingredients /For 6 cupcakes/
Carrot cake cupcakes:
- 80 g wheat flour
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- tiny pinch of nutmeg
- 90 ml neutral flavoured vegetable oil (canola, grapeseed, sunflower, etc.)
- one egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla pods
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 small or 1 large carrot
- 30 g walnuts
For the frosting:
- 150 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 1 teaspoon erythritol-stevia powder (4 g) (You can use regular sugar.)
- 2 teaspoon heavy cream or milk
- Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius degrees and line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease it. ( I greased it.)
- Collect and measure all your ingredients for the carrot cake cupcakes.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the oil and add egg, then stir until well-combined. Scrape downsides of the bowl if necessary.
- Stir in vanilla extract and milk.
- After that add in the grated carrots, nuts, and raisins (if you wish) and stir until combined. You can either grate the carrots with a hand grater or a food processor.
- Evenly divide batter into cupcake liners, filling each about 3/4 of the way full, then transfer to the oven and bake at 175C for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- Let it cool completely before decorating with cream cheese frosting.
- Combine cream cheese, heavy cream, and erythritol-stevia powder (or sugar) in the bowl and stir until creamy, well-combined. You can add more sweetener if you desire. This was sweet enough for me.
This amount makes about 6 cupcakes.
One cupcake provides 350 calories, 24 grams of fat, 29 grams of carbohydrates, 14 grams of protein.
Thank you for the original recipe: Sugar Spun Run
For more dessert recipes click here.
Feel free to share your baking experiences with me.
3 Comments Add yours
Looks Awesome 😊👍
Thank you so much! 🙂 🙂
My Pleasure 😊